Tuesday, February 21, 2023

No rest for the weary

Monday

I got up after 9, not have slept well at all. I had had a bad case of RLS. I also had an epiphany: RLS and hot flashes never come at the same time. In fact, I had wrapped myself in blankets trying to trigger a hot flash and could not. I tried everything else as well,: stretching, drinking water, salt, tapping, massage, magnesium oil.

So, after the usual morning stuff, I looked up hormonal causes online. Low estrogen is associated with hot flashes and higher estrogen with RLS. ARRGH! I can't win! But given a choice, I'll take the hot flashes.

I put together a kit of cleaning supplies and went to Steve's apartment. I put vinegar-soaked paper towels in the toilet, then I cleaned the inside of the fridge. I could not reach much of the top.

I went home and made breakfast. I ate while reading, then went to Heather's house. She wasn't there but the front door was unlocked. I went in and put my cleaning supplies in the kitchen. I went upstairs to see what the bedrooms looked like. Then I went back down and got started behind the stove. Heather arrived and worked on the fridge. I also cleaned cupboards and the kitchen window and blinds. We chatted. Other people arrived and cleaned upstairs.

We put the innards back in the fridge and I left. I drove to the gym expecting to see Tonja, but she didn't come. I walked the track for half an hour by myself. It was very quiet. Then I went home. I looked up a recipe for bathroom cleaning spray.

I went back to her house to pick up my cleaning supplies. Then I picked up Sophia for her tutoring session. I brought her back to my house. I let her put peanut butter in the mouse trap. We studied a section of her book, then from one of my books. Then we made up some cleaning spray and did the master tub area. Then I took her home.

On my way back, I stopped at the apartment to spray that bathroom. I had to add more vinegar to make it spray right. Then I went home. I heated my supper in the toaster oven and made a salad. I ate while listening to something and reading e-mail. Then I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched TV: SG1. Chris went to bed a while later, and I stayed up till 11 to take the last dose of Parasmart.

No comments: