Sunday, February 5, 2023

I sewing class

Saturday

I had a hard time sleeping due to the noise outside and the light coming in around the curtain. Then the sounds of people getting ready in the early morning kept me from falling back asleep. When we finally got up, it was after 8. I opened the curtain a little to let more light in. I turned on my phone and saw texts from the ladies who had gone down to breakfast. Chris got dressed and went down while I stayed to pack up. Then I left to go down, but he was standing in the hall talking to Michelle.

He packed, then we carried our stuff down to the lobby. He turned in the key cards and we carried our luggage the rest of the way out and to the car. He sat inside and programmed the GPS, then we were on our way to Dugway.

I ate the rest of the cheese and muffins on the way. We listened to the book on CD, We arrived after 11 and stopped at the post office. There wasn't much. Then we went home and emptied the car. I had a lot of unpacking to do.

Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. We rested, then I took a shower. After that, I made pre-breakfast and added my supplements. I ate that and checked some e-mail. Then I got my stuff together for sewing class. Chris carried the machines to my car while I carried the notions. Then he got in and I drove us to the chapel. He carried the machines in and I unlocked the chapel door and started setting up. Then I realized I had forgotten the batting, so I drove us home and got a bag of it and went back to the chapel.

I finished setting up the machines when a new lady came with her 4yo daughter. She knew something about sewing so I asked her to help her daughter. Then Saronna came with her kids, but her 5yo did not want to sew. I got the girls started with cutting out hearts. Isadora came. She called my pinking shears 'grandma scissors'. Another lady came with her 5yo son. Neither Jenni, Diane, or Tonya came. But it all worked out. Randy worked on a cloak for his wife. Saronna brought me a bag of fabric hearts from another lady, with tags that say if you find it, register it on some website. The girls made extra heart pillows, but did not use the tags. The project was short, but we talked and visited and didn't pack up until 4. They helped me carry out the machines to my car. Then they were off and I went home. Chris carried the machines back into the front hall, where they reside between classes.

I read e-mail trying fruitlessly to catch up. Chris cooked mushrooms for supper and heated up leftovers. After I ate, Terri contacted me and we tried out Skype. She wants to do Bible study together. We just needed Jenni's info.

After the call, I went to Michelle's house to play the Rubik's game. Her husband stayed to watch. Michelle figured out how to get to the site where all the answers were. So when I got really stuck, she gave me clues. I realized that some of the 'answers' were not elegant, and did not use all the pieces provided.

At 11, I quit the game. But she talked to me for another half hour. Then I bundled up and drove home. Chris was already in bed. So I worked on my blog and then joined him after midnight. * Isadora made a double heart. *

No comments: