Monday, February 27, 2023

Battling zombies for 2.5 hours is not what I had in mind

Sunday

I got up about 8:30. I did the usual first things. Then I read e-mail, and watered the plants. Chris helped me fold all the sheets and towels from the company house. We took them over there and dressed the beds. I put the extras in the closet. I grabbed the trash and finished the dishes in the sink. Then we went back home. I whipped up a batch of seed crackers and put them in the oven. I refilled the spice bottle. I made breakfast and ate it while listening to a podcast. I got dressed, grabbed the remaining cheese squares and my trombone, and went to the chapel.

I played hymns on the piano until Saronna arrived with her string bass which she named Jonah. We talked and then Michelle arrived with her daughter and therapy dog. We talked some more, then played two hymns. I started the discussion with the verse about us being made of dust and returning to dust. That lasted for close to an hour. Michelle and Isadora had to leave. Saronna and I played the same hymns over again since they sounded so good on bass and trombone. Then we packed up and walked out together.

When I got home, Chris was gaming with the voices. I read Telegram messages for awhile, then changed my clothes. I cut the leaves off of a head of butter lettuce and planted the root part. When Chris' game was over, he put a roast in the oven. I looked up how to read a character sheet.

The players for the evening game got online and we discussed our position and how to proceed once we went back to the prison. However, on our way we heard zombies and skeletons converging on a little girl. So we fought to protect her. We succeeded, but got really banged up in the process. Then we women were all for taking her home, but the men in our group wanted to prowl the town looking for any stray zombies.

When the game was over, I started working on my blog. We had eaten part of the roast during the game. I had also drawn sketches of an idea for the pillow tops that Cecily asked for last October.

I made tea and we watched several episodes of SG1. I fell asleep during the second one, though I tried to stay awake. When it was over, I walked quietly to bed, keeping my eyes as closed as possible, not wanting to waste a good somnolence.

No comments: