Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Big Storm a'coming

Tuesday

I got up after 8. I had slept well enough between hot flashes. I did the usual ablutions, and watered the plants. I washed up and got dressed. I rewrote my new supplement regimen, then made up three days worth. I sat down to read e-mail.

At 10 I went to the apartment to clean. I finished the kitchen and the tub and toilet. I had to scrape the soap scum off the tub with a razor blade. But it didn't take long. I went home and got a mop and did the floors. Then I took all my cleaning stuff and went home.

I made breakfast and ate while reading e-mail. I had some fruit, then got ready for playing with Saronna. I stopped by the post office and found three packages. But then she called me and said she couldn't play after all. So I turned around and went home.

I opened the three boxes and put the supplements away. I went back to reading e-mail. I took Parasmart at 3:15. A little later, I went to the gym to walk with Michelle. The gym was closed because of a storm warning, but someone opened the door for Michelle and she let me in.

We walked the track for close to 45 minutes. She told me about ideas she had for MWR, in case she got the job. Then we went downstairs and talked by the front door, and again outside.

I went home and covered my windshield just as Chris drove up. We chatted a bit, but then I had to go into Zoom for the quilt guild meeting. It was a small showing because some people were getting ready or had already left for the major quilt show. The president gave a talk on photographing quilts from a class she had taken. Then we had the usual business items. After that, Danica showed pictures from her hotel and talked about parking and such. I left the meeting.

I read e-mail for a bit, then heated leftovers for supper and made a salad. I listened to more of a video called HyperNormalizaton: Documentary of a Fake World. It was 3 hours long so I couldn't finish it.

I wrote my blog post for today and cleaned up the one from yesterday. I made tea and played my trombone until Chris was ready. Then we watched two episodes of SG1. Chris looked out of the front door and said everything was white. I went back to my laptop and saw it had rebooted. The documentary had reset. But I was able to come close to the original stopping point and listen some more before my alarm rang to tell me it was 11, and time for another dose. Then I went to bed.

* I looked at this block for quite awhile, thinking it was a kind of star block, but then realized it was a circle of women holding hands. *

No comments: