Thursday, February 23, 2023

Making medicine

Wednesday

The base was closed due to snow. Because I requested solitude for coffee morning, Chris went to work. He walked because the snow plows hadn't gone through yet. I made bread for him, then resumed the usual schedule. Afterward, I cleaned kitchen and bathrooms. I fed the plants and changed water. I vacuumed and mopped.

Then Michelle picked me up at 3:35 and took me to the gym. She brought her daughter and the dog, which had been gone 6 weeks for training. We started walking the track. The dog would not sit and watch so Isodora took her downstairs where the weighted sleds were. They were on turf and the dog took it to be grass, so ..... They cleaned it up and Isadora took the dog home.

Michelle and I finished walking then worked out in the weight rooms. We talked to Anca, who agreed to let Michelle show her how to use the machines. She invited me to come as well.

She took me by her house to get papaya seeds that she had freeze-dried for me. Then she took me home. I found my keys in the snow. I went in as Chris came out to shovel the driveway. While he did that, I ground up papaya seeds and filled capsules with it.

Chris came in and asked if I was going to the short imposition of ashes service. I was surprised because it had come up at the last minute. We went to the chapel. We talked to the visiting chaplain and the assistant. Others came, including Saronna and her family and Michelle and her daughter. The service started late, but only took maybe 15 minutes, including the line of people getting ashes on their forehead. Then we all stood around talking. No one seemed to leave right away.

We went home, I listened to a bonus episode from some health summit. Chris changed clothes and worked on his laptop. I worked on my blog. I made tea and played my trombone. Chris cued up the next episode and we watched two of them. He went to bed and I stayed up to listen to a podcast and take the 11pm dose of Parasmart.

No comments: