Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Rats on Welfare

Tuesday

I got up after 8, having slept really well. I could see Chris had gone to work. I could also see that the right rear burner was on. I wondered if I had left it on after making tea last night. After the doing the usual stuff, I sliced up peels for the compost. I read e-mail and listened.

I went to the apartment to check for any remaining dirt. I found a few spots and scrubbed them. I went home for a magic sponge. But the spots I scrubbed with it did not come off. I texted Jamie. She decided to ask for a different agreement because she doesn't like keeping track of how much time she spends cleaning.

I went home and made breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. But then I found him lying on the couch, covered and sleeping. I finished my breakfast and listened to short videos. Chris got up, ate some eggs, and told me he was just tired. Then he went back to work.

At two, I dropped off a check at the post office, then went to Saronna's house with my trombone. I forgot to bring music so we played from her Disney book. Then I went home for a short bit, and sliced up the fruit peels from breakfast. Diane texted and I ran to the gym to walk. Jenni and Michelle joined us.

After the walk, I went home. Jenni followed me and gave me a piece of corrugated cardboard to cut out three monster feet. Then she left. I listened to an interview while I traced and cut out the feet. I put them in my purse for later.

I heated the last of the ground beef and added some potato, and sprouts that I cut off of a sweet potato. While that was in the toaster oven, I minced some pickled garlic (came in the mail) and some fresh garlic. I ate that while listening. Chris came home from work, ready to go to the community meeting. But I was still eating so he went by himself.

When I finished, I went to the community club. Turnout was small and we chatted. Charity went through the stuff she had and I brought up a few things. Then the meeting was over. I chatted with Charity and other people.

I came home and worked on my blog. Then I made tea and watched one episode of SG1 with Chris. He went to bed early. I stayed up to listen to a podcast: In a study, rats wee given unlimited living space and all the food and water they wanted. Their society denigrated. Future generations lost survival skills and the females became vain and asexual. The whole colony died out. People need problems to solve and and to work for survival. On another note, they showed microscope photos of cricket flour. Insect flour contains chitiin, which humans cannot digest. But parasites can use it to protect themselves inside the host.

No comments: