Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Is gaba the answer?

Monday

Even in a state of extreme sleepiness, it took some time to fall asleep. I guess the TV made it easier somehow. Then I woke in the middle of the night with RLS. I had read earlier in the day that it was associated with too much acetycholine or too little gaba. So I got up and took some gaba, did the usual before-bed stretches, and went back to bed. It took awhile to go back to sleep because of the hot flashes. Sigh.

I got up before 7:30. Chris was gone and I don't remember hearing him take his shower. I did the usual stuff. Then I made up three days worth of morning, breakfast, supper, bedtime supplements. The Parasmart should run out today and the Liver Sauce, soon.

I rinsed the seeds (still not sprouting). I got dressed and read my book for awhile sitting next to the HappyLight. Then I tried to sleep, but it didn't work. I read e-mail until breakfast time.

Chris came home and made his lunch. Then I made and ate my breakfast. I spent time looking for a good St. Patrick's Day sewing project. Then I took the last dose of Parasmart. I took out the compost and found another gopher in the trap. I released the frozen varmint and reset the trap.

I picked up Tonja and went to the gym. As I signed in, Mickie and I talked about microgreens. Michelle showed up and we went upstairs to walk. She had just gotten bad news from the hairdresser she asked to come to the base on Friday. She railed for half an hour as we walked. Later, we left the track. I took Tonja home.

Then I picked up Sophia and brought her to my house. We worked out of her math books for over an hour, then turned to organizing the cleaners. But she spent all her time looking for empty spots in my house. Ha!

At 6 I took her home, and stopped by Steve's apartment. He paid me for cleaning and gave me a quart of chicken broth. He walked me out to my car since he was on his way to the commissary. I went home. I put together some leftovers for supper and made a salad. I looked at more sewing videos. I worked on my blog and made tea. Chris and I watched 4 episodes of something called Have Gun Will Travel, from the 60's. Feeling some pressure on the right side of my mouth, I rubbed some Gum Drops on the upper gum and rinsed out the right sinus and swabbed both ears with hydrogen peroxide. Chris went to bed, but I stayed up to listen to Day 1 of the Tapping World Summit.

No comments: