Friday, May 26, 2023

All hail the Splash into Summer party

Thursday

I got up before 8. I did the usual, then started peeling the eggs Chris boiled. They peeled quite well. But it wasn't enough to fill a gallon jar, so I boiled some more. The small ones were ok but the large ones weren't done. So I got out the rice cooker and put more eggs in the steamer tray. I cooked them for 20 minutes, but it wasn't enough, so I put them back on for another 10 minutes.

While waiting, I looked up egg recipes. I worked on my blog post for yesterday. I searched previous posts for clues to how much time I spent cleaning the colonel's house. I came up with 7.5 and texted Chris. I made a pickling brine and covered the eggs. I also threw in some red beet slices.

I made breakfast and ate it outside lying in the sun. I came in and watched The Highwire. I wrote out a cleaning contract for Diane's house. At 1:45 I drove over there. I was just ahead of the inspectors. I chatted with Diane and her husband. Then we all signed the contract. Her husband gave me the keys, garage opener and the money, which I put in an envelop. I assured them that they could leave anything behind and we would take care of it.

I went home via the Housing office. I handed in one of Diane's keys. I also made appointments for inspections for the colonel's house and the apartment. When I got home, I finished watched The Highwire. I finalized an Azure Standard order. I listened to something as I eliminated open windows on my browser.

Suddenly it was after 4. I was missing the Splash into Summer pool party. I texted Michelle, but she didn't answer. I completed something on my to-do list, then headed to the pool. When I got there, everyone was leaving. There was thunder and lightning. I found Chris and talked to him, then the colonel showed up. And suddenly the rain poured down, bringing hail with it. We stood under a tent, talking about him getting the last few things out. Then we both made a quick b-line for our vehicles. By the time I got to mine, I was completely soaked.

When I got home, I took off my wet clothes and put on my nightgown. I read e-mail and tied up a few loose ends. Chris came home with pizza. I wasn't hungry. I listened some more interviews.

Then I wrote down what happened today. I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. Chris went to bed afterwards and I stayed up a little later.

No comments: