Wednesday, May 31, 2023

The confusion over quotes

Tuesday

I got up while Chris was taking a shower. I went back to bed until he left. I got ready for the day, rinsed sprouts, etc. I checked e-mail. I watered the outdoor plants. I went cleaning at Diane's house at 10:15, not sure why I was late. I worked on the fridge and finished the cupboards. Jamie came to load up stuff in the garage for the swap shop. At 12:15, I went home for breakfast. Chris was there for a brief time, then went back to work.

At 1:40 I sat outside and read a book barefoot. Then at 2, I went to Saronna's house to play. But she wasn't home. So I put away my trombone and rearranged stuff in the hallway. I got a box from the post office for Diane's stuff. I packed it with her utensils and packing puff-its.

I went to the house to spray goo gone on a spot on the fridge. Then I went to the colonel's house for inspection. Two people arrived, but not the person with the paperwork. So we waited... Colly made a phone call and reminded him. But when he arrived, we had a discussion about the 4pm person before signing the pages. We ended up going over there to check that out. That person had a yard full of stuff and wanted to sign his house over to us. We cleared up the confusion and quoted him $800. His shed was locked and someone went for bolt cutters to open it. The head of Housing said we should reconvene at 3 tomorrow to finish the signing.

So the rest of us went to the dorm room for that inspection. It went well, then we found out that the locked shed was full of mice and trash and droppings. I texted Jamie and she said she would handle it. Yikes. I called Chris and he said not to clean it for any price.

Then I went to Diane's house to clean some more. I couldn't find my dust pan so I called Jamie and she came over. She had it upstairs. Then she said we should go through the 4pm's dumpster. So she drove us over there and we found a lot of stuff for the swap shop. She found lots of stuff for her too. I got a book of music. We had a nice chat with him.

Finally we went to the swap shop to drop off the stuff. The shop was full of stuff other people must have dropped off earlier today. Yikes! Jamie found a few things to take home. Then she followed me home to drop off the vacuum I found at 4pm's house. It needs cleaning. We agreed that there are perks to being the cleaners.

She left and I ate leftovers for supper, fielding texts from the ladies about crockpots. Michelle needs to borrow 7 of them. I worked on my blog. I made tea and played tunes on my trombone. We sat down to watched SG1. I dozed off during the second episode. Chris went to bed. I finally roused myself long enough to do a few stretches and turn in.

No comments: