Sunday, May 7, 2023

Kids love bags

Saturday

I got up just before 7, having been awake for awhile. Like yesterday, it took a while to fall asleep and I am not sure how much I got. I went out to the kitchen to start the usual. I read e-mail while swishing. Then the power went off at 8. Chris took a shower and we went to Tooele. We shopped at the usual places. Macey's had big tomato plants so I got two. Then we went home, listening to our book on CD.

I got really sleepy, so when we got to the commissary, I slept in the car while Chris went inside. He also stopped at the post office, but there was no mail. When we got home, we carried the groceries inside. Chris put them away while I laid down.

He came back to the bedroom when the power came back on just before noon, all as scheduled. I got up and made breakfast while he boiled eggs. I read e-mail as I ate.

At 1:20 I chose some fabric and got my sewing stuff together. He loaded the machines in my car, and we went to the chapel. He carried stuff in and I set up the machines in the fellowship hall, making sure each machine was threaded and had proper tension.

Tonja arrived and wrote instructions on the board. Saronna and her kids showed up, and another boy. We cut the fabric, and helped them sew. Isodora came late with pajama pants to finish. Jedidiah was so cute as he put pins back in the pin cushion. Jen helped move the machines back to my car. It took longer than usual, so we went home late.

I sat down to read e=mail. The power blipped, so I decided to make muffins before something worse happened. Well, the power went out again before I cracked the first egg. But, being hopeful, I went ahead with the recipe. Chris lit a burner with a match and cooked mushrooms. I went to Tonja's house to grind the flax seeds and give her reciepts.

She remarked how happy the kids were with their new bags.

When I got home, I ate some mushrooms, and mixed the flax in with the eggs. I read outside till the light faded, then suggested we take the popcorn maker and a movie to his office. So we did. However the movie wouldn't play on his work computer so eventually he went home and got his laptop. We watched “Interstellar”. He turned off the lights.....

It was over at midnight. We packed up and went home. I jotted notes for my blog. Then we went to bed.

** He loves his job of collecting pins. **

No comments: