Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Cleaning the colonel's fridge and tuning a thumb piano

Monday

I got up before 8. I rinsed the sprouts and seeds. I read e-mail and listened to audios.

At 10, I went to the house formerly known as the colonel's house to clean. The cable guy was there, doing something outside. I cleaned the counter tops and started on the fridge. But I was unable to get the structure with the bins out to clean behind. So I called Michelle. Sadly I woke her up. But she came up and helped me get it out, clean it, and put it back. I was surprised that we didn't break it.

I left at noon to go make breakfast. Michelle went home, too, but came back later with the Pink Stuff to clean the ring in the toilet and the grease above the stove. Chris ate his lunch, then went over there to pick up the router and modem.

After eating, I read e-mail and listened to short videos. I planted some of the microgreens and covered them with a milk jug to keep rodents from nibbling on them. I also ran the hose into some gophers holes, but nothing ran out. I have to wonder how deep the holes go because I watered them for a long time and threw in all the dirt from the piles in my yard. And still they did not fill up.

I took the rest of the microgreens to the gym to give to Mickie. Then I went to the school to walk with Tonja and Rebecca. Diane couldn't make it. We walked around the school. Then I watered Jenni's plants and went home. I was hot so I drank kombucha and water.

Then I went to pick up Sophia. She was tired of doing math, so I told her it was ok, we could stop since we finished the 5th grade book. But still she sat in my car, until I finally realized that she still wanted to go to my house and do stuff. So she brought her coconut thumb piano. We looked it up online and tried to figure it out. We tried tuning it by the piano, but I couldn't tell if it was sharp or flat because it sounded so different. Then we went outside and re-potted some tomato plants. Finally I took her home.

On the way back, I stopped at one of the apartment buildings to do a quote. But I was in the wrong building. I called from his front door to find out it was the one in the next building. They are pretty much identical. So I walked over there and he was waiting. He showed me around his apartment. I checked the stove and fridge and tub and toilet and blinds. I quoted him $175 and explained how the sign-over process worked. We agreed on the plan.

I went home. Chris was cooking cauliflower steaks for me. I went out and mowed the back yard. It wasn't a great job. I discovered orange goopy stuff on the side of my house and wondered if Sophia put it there. Chris emptied the dead mice from the 5-gallon bucket trap. I ate the cauliflower and made a salad and had some fruit. I listened to Mary and Polly, then paused it to work on my blog.

We watched two episodes of SG1. He went to bed and I stayed up to finish a presentation. I did some tapping before I went to bed. I also wrote a list of things I didn't want to forget tomorrow which helped me fall asleep.

No comments: