Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Memorial Day party

Monday

We got up before 8. I took supplements, drank hydrogen water, then brushed and swished. I rinsed the sprouts and changed water in the rootings. In the process of making milk for the kefir grains, I dropped the jar on the kitchen floor. It shattered, leaving grains and milk and glass everywhere. I picked up the grains and washed them off, then put them in a new jar and threw in some coconut milk to hold them over. I made up a cup of powdered goat milk, then poured it in. I also gave it a cube of frozen whey. Then I turned my attention to the floor.

After the mess was cleaned up, I headed out. But before I could drive away, I noticed my outdoor plants needed watering. So I did, at which time I saw a new very large gopher mound by the hose bib. I put the hose in and turned on the water. A soggy gopher crawled out and I 'rocked' it to its eternal rest.

I went to Diane's house about 9:35. I cleaned the stove. I put the burner bowls in ammonia water to soak. Jamie came to carry remaining food out of the kitchen. Michelle came to claim a rug and gather a box of rocks. I left about 11:45. I went home to find Chris had made fried rice with bits of red peppers.

We took the rice and walked to Erin's house. I expected cars and people, but it was quiet. We chatted with Revonna who was packing her car across the street. Then we went inside. There were a few people there but a lot more came later. And most of them had young kids. Jamie came with meatballs and folding tables. Chris went home for two camping chairs. The kids played inside at first, then went outside to jump on the full size trampoline. Near the end, I jumped too. She encouraged me to do flips but I decided the chance of a bad landing wasn't worth it.

The long countertop in the kitchen was laden with food, mostly side dishes. Someone brought a grill and the men grilled burgers and hotdogs. People ate as they wished and stood around talking and watching the kids. One man got in a big ice bath and the kids tried to get in, but couldn't take the cold.

We were wrapping up the conversation in order to leave, when Chris got his second wind and began telling stories. So we didn't leave until 4. When we got home, I sat to rest and check e-mail. Then I went to open the swap shop for Deb, drop off the sheet at the company house, hand Michelle $100 for buying Saronna a family pool pass, and to Diane's house to wrap her utensils and place them in a box to mail. I stayed to clean cupboards. I also watered her strawberries, hoping they will come back from last year.

After an hour, at 6:30 I came home, stopping to lock the swap shop. I worked on my blog post. I texted Tonja to see if she wanted any of the food left behind and she did. So I met her at Diane's house and she brought an insulated bag and got some food. She looked at stuff designated for the swap shop and said she could help me do it tomorrow or Wednesday. When I got home, I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to read more e-mail and listen to BWE music.

No comments: