Monday, May 29, 2023

Pot luck picnic

Sunday We got up after 8. I took supplements, then brushed and swished. I rinsed the the various sprouts. I got a text that Erin wanted to go to the swap shop. So I got dressed. I watered outside until time to go.

I went to the swap shop and unlocked it. Her whole family went in. I looked around for a bit, then left them with instructions to turn off the lights. I went home and finished annoying the gophers. I put the formerly stained sheet in the washing machine and found some other things to throw in with it. I installed a rack for hanging brooms and such. I read some e-mail, then took the laundry out. Everything was clean except for the sheet. It had dust or something. So I put it back in the washer with a dingy cloth and some bleach.

I filled an egg carton with soil and wet it down. I found places for all the stuff I got from Diane. Then Chris asked for a haircut, so we went outside and I cut his hair. I wasn't satisfied with it, but he was. Then I made and ate breakfast, reading e-mail. I got dressed for church.

Saronna, Jenni and Michelle all texted me that they weren't coming. I reminded Jenni that it was potluck day. Anyway, in case no one else came, I stuffed dates with almonds and cashews as a dessert. Chris had made a potato and bacon casserole yesterday and he re-heated it today.

I threw my trombone and the dates in my car. I went to the swap shop to lock it, then on to church. I opened the chapel door for the traveling pastor. We went in and set up. Chris arrived with the casserole. At 1:02 we started the service with hymns. Jenni and her husband came in during the first hymn. So it was just the 4 of us. After a sermon from the book of John, I played another hymn at the end.

Then we sat the food on the little coffee table in the narthex and had a sort of picnic. Jenni had brought cut up fruit. We did not have drinks. We chatted about this and that and shared about Bryan losing his

boys to their biological father. Please pray for them.

Then the pastor followed me to the swap shop. He looked around for a bit and found a book. Jenni showed up and found some stuff. Then she wanted to go to Diane's house to look around. So I met her there and let her look through the kitchen. She got four bags of food.

We chatted a bit and went our separate ways, I went home to finish a video and check e-mail. I planted peas, beans and corn in an egg container. Later I went to the garden to plant some microgreens and cover the pipe that is leaking so it won't rust. I went home and checked my phone. No texts. I read Telegram messages. I emptied the dryer and folded the sheet. I put the contents back in my purses. I started a batch of LAB by rinsing rice and setting the water aside.

I made tea and practiced until Chris was ready. We watched two episodes of SG1. Then he went to bed. I stayed up to listen to some relaxing music, then I went to bed as well.

No comments: