Sunday, May 21, 2023

Cleaning AND sewing. Sigh.

Saturday

We got up around 8. I rinsed the sprouts, took Bach Flower Essence drops, and got dressed. I went to the company house to start the laundry. I went home and read e-mail. I went back 90 minutes later to move the sheets to the dryer and put the towels in the washer. I went home and asked Chris for a massage and he agreed. Afterward, I took a shower and got dressed while Chris mowed the yard. I met Jamie at Diane's house. We looked around the kitchens and bathroom and agreed on a price for cleaning. Then we moved all her swap shop stuff to the front yard for Jamie to collect.

I went home for breakfast, then to the swap shop to let Jamie in with Diane's stuff. We chatted a bit, then I went to the company house to move the towels to the dryer. Afterward, I ran home to get my sewing stuff. Chris followed me in order to carry the machines to the fellowship hall.

Tonja followed us in. We set up for our own projects and got started. Then Stirling and his wife arrived with pants to hem. But we got to talking. Stirling went home to get the flatbed of his machine and brought us alkaline water. His wife marked his pants with a hem line. I cut strips for a stack-n-whack. Tonja worked on placemats. But mostly we talked.

At 5, I called time. We packed up and moved the stuff to our cars. But they stayed to talk and I listened. Then I went to the company house to dress the beds and hang the towels. There was no time to clean.

Finally I went home about 6, to find Michelle was there talking to Chris about exactly what I was going to tell him. So I just listened again. Finally she showed me how the pink stuff works on the toilets. It did a nice job considering we didn't let it sit very long. She also brought me half a gallon of goat milk.

After she left, I read e-mail while Chris cooked mushrooms, quinoa, and fish for me. When I realized it was after 8, I worked on my blog, then made tea. We watched episodes of SG1, then dressed the bed with clean sheets. Chris went to bed right away but I stayed up a little longer.

No comments: