Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Pie Day

Tuesday

I got up before 7:30, having slept pretty well. After the usual ablutions, I read outside barefoot in the morning sun.

I went to the post office with the house documents. I mailed them with the UPS label and stayed to talk to the clerk. She has land and is willing to let me have chickens there. Not sure how that could work, but worth considering.

I went to the ACS building. I had to walk past the open double doors where a large meeting was going on. I tiptoed past as quickly as I could. I went into the library and returned a DVD and checked out the next season. Chris saw me from the meeting and came in to say hello.

I went cleaning at the colonel's house, 20 minutes late. I finished the kitchen, and whatever else I saw nearby. I went home for lunch. Then at 2, went to Saronna's house. We talked and played for an hour, then I went home.

I changed my shoes, then went to gym to walk with the ladies. It was a little stormy out. I gave some goat cheese to Michelle to pay for the goat milk. After walking, Jenni followed me home to pick up a pie.

I made and ate a salad, then went to the gym for the community meeting on the bleachers. Chris joined me. It was short, and then we moved it to the foyer so the volleyball players could play their regular scheduled games.

The meeting continued near the entrance, but with reduced attendance. Chris went home. I stayed a little longer, then Tonja followed me home to get her pie. I ate a grapefruit and worked on my blog. Then I heated the tea and we watched two episodes of SG1 season 8.

Chris went to bed and so did I, hoping to fall asleep early. But that didn't happen.v

No comments: