Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day

Sunday

I got up around 9. I put away the laundry from yesterday. I did the usual and bustled around the kitchen, cutting up scraps and wiping spills. I whipped up a batter of cheese and eggs. I cut some onion stalks, diced them up and threw them in. As the cheese squares baked, I read e-mail. I looked up hints for the game I played last night. After 11, I started making breakfast. Chris let me listen to a message that Herberth had left, wishing me a happy mother's day.

I ate breakfast, then got dressed for church. I packed up some cheese squares for snack after the service. Then I took my trombone and headed to the chapel. When I got there,only the assistant was there. I unpacked my trombone and warmed up. Saronna and Michelle came. But the pastor was 20 minutes late. Turns out he got randomly selected for inspection at the front gate. I gave Swaran $50 for the baritone because that's all I had left. Then Pastor Chris started talking. And didn't stop until an hour later. He prayed, then Saronna and I and Sophia played three hymns. Everyone had some cheese squares, chatted a bit, then went home.

When I got home, Chris said Michele had called. So I called her back. She wished me a happy mother's day and we had a nice conversation. Just as I hung up, Chris said the colonel wanted to see us. So up the hill we went.

The colonel had his family there and they were cleaning the house. He had me go around to the rooms and see that they were clean. He gave us some beer that he couldn't take. Also stuff in the shed that needed to back to Self-help. After awhile I told Chris we should go and let them finish up. Unbeknownst to me, Michelle was across the street bringing CSM a treat for Mother's Day.

We came back to our house. I changed out of my church dress. I ate the last of the papaya and worked on my blog. I looked at gardening hacks. Chris worked on supper: mushrooms and ground beef. As I ate, I listened to James Corbett answer 100 questions.

I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched several episodes of SG1. Chris went to bed and stayed up a little later to try to catch up on e-mail.

No comments: