Saturday, May 13, 2023

It worked too well

Thursday

I woke up before the first alarm, dreaming I was teaching, but it wasn't math. I got ready for the day, and then read e-mail. Jenni texted about the swap shop. I broke down boxes while waiting for her. She put bags of stuff in my car and asked me to water her plants for the weekend.

I read more, and looked through The Great Patriot Buy-cott book to find good companies to buy from. I listened to an interview where Ben Greenfield said he eats his protein for lunch and his carbs for dinner. That helps him sleep. So I made my usual breakfast and started watching The Highwire. I ate a piece of steak as well.

I paused the video to fill out a cleaning contract. Then I met Diane and Tonja at the chapel. I unlocked the door to the fellowship hall and we used the dolly there to transport the boxes of food to Tonja's vehicle. I returned the dolly while they went to the swap shop. Then I drove over there to unload what Jenni put in my car this morning. I also helped bring in boxes of food.

At 1:30 I went home. I listened a little longer, then went up the hill to the colonel's house with the contract. Housing was already there. Movers were packing boxes. We chatted then signed the contract. Brian gave me the house keys. I jokingly asked him why he was in my house. It took him a moment to get it. He showed me the irrigation system that he put in. He also showed me the panorama pic that was installed on the gazebo to identify each mountain and hill that can be seen from that location. I noticed the fan out there was missing a blade. He said it was a good thing it wasn't his house anymore. Touche.

I went home to listen to a little more Highwire. Then I went to the school to meet the ladies. We walked around the school, stopping to talk to the visiting parents of a resident. When we got back to the cars, Diane left. Michelle and I went to the gym for my weekly workout. But we stayed long after to talk.

I went home to have supper. Chris went to meet the colonel at the club. I made a salad and then ate some fruit. I got very sleepy. Michelle wanted me to go to karaoke at the club, but I declined. So I went to her house. At my request, she clipped off a skin tag on my shoulder. It hurt, but did not bleed. I was very glad to have it gone. We talked for over an hour. Her husband came back from exercising at the gym. She invited him to go for a walk, so I headed home. Chris was back from the club. I made tea and we watched an episode of SG1. Then he went to bed. The sleepiness wore off. I stayed up to read Telegram messages and to post to my blog.

No comments: