Wednesday, September 20, 2023

A quick cleaning and guild meeting

Tuesday

I got up at 8. I got dressed and brushed. I shucked the corn from yesterday and cooked it. I wondered if the tassels had seeds, but it turns out that they produce the pollen. Detasseling is a process of removing the tassels of one variety so it will be pollinated by another variety planted beside it.

I fixed Chris' shirt by fusing a patch on the back of the embroidered emblem. Then I read e-mail until the phone rang. It was Sgt King asking me to come to his final inspection in case he didn't pass and needed to sign it over to me so he could leave. I asked if I could come look at his house.

I went over there with cleaning stuff and clean burner bowls. He was with his dad and his cousin. I said it would be cheaper to pay me to help them clean. I showed them places that needed cleaning, then I put ammonia in the tubs and started on windows. They said they couldn't finish the lawn so I told them Jamie would do it for $50. We worked until almost 1. They paid me and I went home so the inspectors wouldn't expect so much. He called later to say the house had passed. I called Jamie to make sure she could do the mowing and she said yes.

I made and ate breakfast, then got my trombone and went to Saronna's house. We played a few tunes, but mostly talked. The whole transposition thing for Bb and Eb instruments is a pain. We had a good time.

Afterward, I stopped by the post office on the way home. I ate some fruit and some of the corn. I looked up Christmas songs in other keys. Then at 5, I signed into Zoom for the quilt guild meeting. When it was my turn to speak, they could not hear me. I tried to sign, but I don't know how, so it was sort of like signing in tongues. Ha!

Chris came home and made his supper. After the meeting, he talked to me. Then we discussed mending his suit, which has a worn out lining. He discovered that he'd also like me to let out the pants that go with it. Sigh.

Daylight was waning, so I went out to mow for as long as I could. When I came in, I finished up my blog post and submitted it. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. As usual, he went to bed and I stayed up to read.

No comments: