Wednesday, September 13, 2023

All of the loaner stuff comes back

Tuesday

I got up before 8. I got ready for the day. I called my bank but had to leave a message. Then I went out to water and fertilize the plants. This is t he last stretch before the first frost so....

I spent all morning cutting up a huge zucchini to make zucchini relish, pickles and soup. Then I made and ate breakfast. Chris gave me a key to a house where our loaned bedding was. Around 12:45 I went to the first apartment for inspection. They passed it quickly.

I went home to finish the soup. I called Michelle to meet me at the second apartment. We went through it to make sure it was ready for inspection tomorrow. Then we went to my house to pick up the key to the house. I also put out egg boxes for CJ. Finally we went to 629B to get the bedding and shower curtain. It had nice loaner furniture in it so I called Chris to find out if it was being kept for visitors. But I think the answer was no.

I went home to change my shoes, bring in the eggs, and then stopped by the post office. Then I went to the gym where Michelle and I walked the track for half an hour. Then she got a call and I went to the library. I talked to Melissa. She told me that Mr. Luna knew where the rest of the loaner stuff was.

So I went to the Community club to see him. He said Gary knew, who was over by the library. So I went back to the library building. I found Gary and he said he would drop it off at the swap shop at 5:15. So I went home for a while, then to the swap shop. The stuff was already sitting there. I went through it all to sort out what was my personal stuff. Some of it was unknown to me. And it was damp.

I called Chris for help carrying it, but he was busy so I called Michelle. She came over and helped me move the stuff to my trunk. She showed me a pic of the chapel, looking better than ever. Then I went to the Community Club for the community meeting. I saw Tiffany there and talked to her and her husband. Then I joined those gathered for the meeting.

There was generalized chatting until Chris came back with his food. Then Charity went through old business and new business, so to speak. We discussed activities well into December.

After the meeting, some people went to the volleyball game already in progress. Chris and I went home. I ate a pickled pigs foot, and worked on my blog. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda, beginning season 5.

No comments: