Monday, September 4, 2023

Picking pears

Sunday

I got up after 7. I read e-mail for a while, and compared prices of supplements on several sites. I finally got an order together and the electricity went out. I asked Chris for a massage, but he wanted to be alert for the power coming back on. I watered the outdoor plants. Then I went to my mending pile. I tried to reinforce a metal clip in his pants with the sewing machine, running the handwheel. But it still bent the needle. Then the power came back on, but not the internet. I took several pairs outside to open the back seam so I could let them out. Chris let me know when the internet was back up and I tried again to place my order.

I placed an order then compared more prices and ordered again from another company, saving 25% off the first order. Wow! Then we put an old sheet over the bed and Chris gave me a massage. We took our showers. I wanted to repair the old sheet, but the needle was bent. Argh! I searched high and low for my repository of needles. What bothered me most was that I could not remember what kind of container it was in: bag? Box? Bin? I found a single pack and replaced the needle, but by then Chris had tossed the sheet in the wash.

I went back to the internet and the power went out again. Not for long, but it took the internet down, too, which takes a while to regroup. I made and ate breakfast. I headed to the bedroom to get dressed. The power went out again, so I reached into my closet and wore the first dress I grabbed. Then I collected my cheese snack and trombone and drove to the chapel.

Sgt King was there and others came in, including the new chaplain. But they were here to see how things work. So we waited for Pastor Chris, who got stopped at the gate and got searched. Saronna, Sophia, and I played a hymn suggested by the new chaplain. Then Pastor Chris talked about chapter 4 of Revelation. Afterward, the three of us played another hymn suggested by Jenni. Then we all chatted in groups and had snack. It went long. I went home and changed clothes. I ate some fruit. I read e-mail and played Solitaire. There was no family game because … just because I guess. I ate the leftover fish for supper and a pickled egg.

I texted Michelle about picking apples and she agreed. So I met her at the apple tree. She had her husband and a ladder. But just then it started to rain, so we went to her house to wait it out. She packaged some powdered eggs for me. Then we went back. We started with the pear tree. I was content picking off the ground but she wanted the higher up ones. Casey moved the ladder for her. Then we went to the apple tree. It was loaded with small apples. Again, she picked from the ladder and I picked from the ground. She gave me all of them.

Finally it got dark and we parted ways. I brought the fruit and eggs inside. I worked on my blog and then we watched two episodes of Andromeda. Afterward, we made up the bed with clean sheets. He went to bed and I stayed up to read e-mail.

No comments: