Sunday, September 3, 2023

Lizard learns to sew

Saturday

I got up at 8. I got dressed and went out to water the plants. I also used the spray fertilizer. Then I carried in what was in the front seat of the car. I went to the company house to get the sheets started. I threw in the duvet cover as well. I may regret that when I have to put it back on.

Then I went to the garden. It was extremely weedy. I fixed the irrigation system and sprayed my corn and potatoes. I also did Christina's garden. And I went home to jot notes for my blog. I also submitted an invoice to the company for cleaning last month.

We went to the swap shop to move the shelving. I moved boxes that someone had put there, When Gary and his sons arrived, they moved the shelving unit to the back wall. They also moved the circular shelving. Saronna and her family came in. Then they brought in the boxes from the other room. Chris got frustrated because he wanted me to organize the place before bringing in the boxes, but I didn't know how.

We went home. I went by the company house to throw the sheets in the dryer and put the next load in. Then I worked on making a sample sewing project. I collected strips to add to the pile. Then I made and ate breakfast. Chris helped me load stuff in the car. We moved it into the chapel. I went to the company house and the stuff in the dryer was wet, so I turned it on again.

I went back to the chapel and set up for sewing class. I hooked up the machines and got out the materials. Moira was first to come, but then she headed to the play room. Her family came, as well as Jenni and Isadora (with her dog). I showed them the sample apron and the alternate way to cut it. They all started cutting. Wilhelm brought his own scissors which were not big enough to cut through the seams. So he brought the jeans to me as he got to each seam.

I helped them sew on the bottom hem and make the sash. Wilhelm's edge was cut so badly that I had to finagle the bottom band to cover that space. I sewed while he sat in my lap and pushed the pedal and lifted the pressure foot. Frustratingly, he had a gelly lizard with him who 'had' to sit on the machine and watch.

Everyone finished and went home, except Jenni. She was moving from one machine to another for various reasons. But once she had my undivided attention, she was able to finish her project. Then she helped me pack up and put stuff in my car. She also helped me bring in the stack of band music and put it in a storage room.

On the way home, I checked the company house and threw towels in the dryer. At home, I read e-mail, and ate some fruit. Then I went back and cleaned that house and put the cover back on the duvet (took 20 minutes).

I went home and quickly changed into my bathing suit. I took the clock and went to the pool. Gene was there, talking to the lifeguard from the water. I got in and found it was COLD! Apparently the power blips knocked out the boiler. Gene left and I swam laps while talking to the lifeguard. The clock did not advance at all. At 7:45, it was getting dark and the pool closed, so I went home. I took a hot shower and put away the laundry that Chris had folded.

I ate some fish for supper. I worked on my blog and made tea. We watched Andromeda. Then he went to bed while I stayed to to catch up.

No comments: