Saturday, September 9, 2023

The Mexican market

Friday

I got up after 8. I mended his pants and jackets. He said he didn't care what fabric I used. Hmmm... puppies on pink? I looked for meme pics to go with that. Then I watered the plants and annoyed the gophers.

I made and ate breakfast, and laid out in the sun. I ate some pistachios. Chris came back from the office, ready to go. I added to the grocery list. He packed the cooler and we went to Tooele. We shopped at Luckey's, then Melanie's. Then I went to Joanns. I got some lining fabric for Chris' suit jacket and some sewing needles. I also found fabric on sale. It took a long time to check out. The buy 3 get two free, did not reflect well on the receipt. I think I'll call the main office and file a complaint.

Then we went to Macey's, and stopped at the main pharmacy for the rest of Tonja's meds. Afterward we tried to go to the thrift store, but they closed at 5 so I just ran through the store and we left. Chris parked at the county building and used the restroom (once he found it). I found a dark room with chairs so I sat and palmed for awhile.

When he was done, we walked to the Mexican market. We looked around. They had a red pickle in a bag, frozen beef tongue, and brined pig's feet. There were other things too, but that's what I wanted. So then we walked our purchases back to the car, put them in the cooler and retraced our steps.

Past the store, was a Mexican restaurant. We went in and got a table for 6. We perused the menu until the Colonel and his family arrived. They sat down and we chatted and ordered. I got ceviche, which was like pico di gallo with shrimp. It was very good.

After we ate and talked for awhile, we paid and left. Chris and I drove back to base listening to the book on CD. I nearly fell asleep again. When we got to the main gate, we were selected as the random car to search. So we had to open everything and stand to the side while they inspected the inside and underside of the car. I wished it were cleaner.

When we got home, we put the food away. I wrote my blog and got ready for game night. Surprisingly, Chris went, and got there before I did. He talked to Michelle about an interview she did, then he left. Casey had the game on the TV. I played and Michelle tried to help me with the sewing meme's. She picked photos of the Grinch.

Around 10:40 the game froze. I had already done everything I knew to do, so I just saved the game, or tried to. Casey did it from his laptop. Then I went home. Chris was still up. But soon he went to bed and I stayed up to look up the last thing I did on Myst III.

* Who would buy smart clothing? *

No comments: