Friday, September 29, 2023

Oktoberfest

Thursday

I got up after 8. I took methylene blue. I checked e-mail. I drank hydrogen water. I listened to something while pinning an old nightshirt to the inside of Chris' old suit to cover up the old lining. I watered the plants. I laid out in the sun and texted with Tonja.

After lunch and The Highwire, I made a gallon of bleach water and delivered it to the swap shop. I left the door unlocked. I watched a tapping video. When it ended, I drove to the Oktoberfest celebration.

I parked near the parking lot (which was full), and walked up to the building. I didn't see any activities. So I walked through the community club and out the other side. There! I walked up to Chris and we had a chat. Then I noticed the musical chairs competition. Michelle and the colonel were vying for a seat and he pushed her out. Then it was down to him and the CSM, and he won. (Or did the CSM let him win?)

We found a table to sit at. We listened to the German band: electric accordion, percussion, trumpet and alpine horn. We watched the stein-holding contest. Then I participated in the pretzel-eating contest. I didn't win, but I got three large pretzels for free. I ate about 2.5 by the time the guy next to me finished. Thankfully water was provided.

I stayed to talk to Brittany. When I turned around, Chris was participating in the chicken dance contest. I have no idea what criteria it was judged on. I sat and talked to Michelle until it was over. He didn't win.

They did a cow bell number which was impressive. Then they called up 11 people from the audience and gave each one a bell. The lead man (accordionist) pointed to each one when that note came up. That was fun.

I was quite full. The band played one more number, then closed down. I talked to the accordion player, and then to the alpine horn player. He let me play the horn. It was like playing a bugle: no keys, just running up and down the partials. The mouthpiece was smaller than I was used to. We had a nice chat and he gave me his number. Chris gave him a business card. Jamie came by to listen and I gave her money for mowing.

I collected the rest of my last pretzel and finished the water. I found a group of ladies to talk to. Chris joined in for a bit. Then we headed into the club so I could see Revonna. I got to talking to a bunch of people. But I was feeling really full and so I excused myself and we left. He took his car and I walked to the hotel to get mine. I met him at home.

I made tea and wrote part of my blog post. Then we watched one episode of Forever Knight. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to finish my blog post.

No comments: