Saturday, September 23, 2023

The best game night ever

Friday

We got up around 8. I got dressed and found some mail in my handbag that I needed to give to Chris. I took the morning supplements. I looked outside and saw that it was 50 degrees. I took out the compost and decided to wait before watering. I read e-mail. Chris took a shower and went to the office. Then I went out to water.

I added items to the shopping list and filled a bottle with water for the trip. Chris came back from the office and packed the cooler. We hit the road and listened to the book on CD. We parked at the dentist office. He went inside and I walked to Melanie's. We chatted and I found something to buy. Then I walked to Joanns for wool. But they had nothing that was 100% wool, not even yarn.

I went to Luckey's and bought a few things, then walked back to the car. I put the food inside and got my book. I went into the dental office and sat to read. But in a few minutes Chris came out and we hit the road.

We stopped at the pharmacy for more of Tonja's meds. Then we drove back to base, listening to more of the book. We stopped at the commissary for a few more things, and then at the post office for packages and to lock the swap shop.

When we got home, we put the food away. I opened the packages. One was a fridge drawer, but it was cracked. I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail and watched short newsy videos. I looked into the potato diet. I got Tonja's stuff ready to mail in the morning. Michelle texted to say I could come over any time. I looked up some hints for Myst III. Chris went to the star party. I worked on my blog.

At 8 I went to Michelle's house. I gave her a jar of pickled zucchini. We talked a bit then I started playing the game. Things went REALLY well. I read up on one puzzle and solved it pretty easily. But there were three more that I hadn't, but with trial and error, and process of elimination, I solved them all. What that that get me? A video of a very bitter guy spewing hate and anger.

So I linked back to the main world and found another tusk to break into, allowing me to link to a third world. It was almost 11 so I just wandered around a bit so I would know what hints to look for. Michelle went to bed early so Casey let me out and I headed home, but drove past the headquarters to see if anyone was still at the star party. There weren't any lights on, but then I realized that was because people still had their telescopes out. I went home. Chris was already in bed. I checked Facebook for a message from someone who wanted to visit the swap shop, then went to bed.

No comments: