Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Pool party

Monday

I got up before 8. I looked outside and it was 55 degrees and had rained. I decided the plants didn't need more water. So, I got dressed and took supplements. Then I went up to the CSM's house to clean.

First I scrubbed the burner grates, again. Still not clean. Then I washed doors and spots on walls. I vacuumed up dead bugs. Well, not so dead, because when I emptied the dust cup, the bugs started moving. I put that bag in the garage. As I was finishing up the walls, Jamie arrived with her son. He cleaned baseboards while she cleaned tubs and toilets.

After 3.5 hours, I went home. I helped Chris carry chicken to his car. Then we went by his office for plates, and plasticware etc. We took it all to the pool. We set up the tables that Jamie left from the last pool party, covered them with tablecloths, and set the food on top. Other people came and placed their foods, too. Roy brought his grill and cooked several flavors of chicken wings. We also had fruit, cookies, cupcakes, potato salad, wraps, and lots of chips. Chris brought beer and hard cider and water. Other people brought soft drinks. I tried the hard cider and it made me feel weird.

The water temp (82) was higher than the air temp. So only a few kids braved the pool. But 2 hours later, the sun came out. I was not in my suit, so I just sat and talked with people. At 4 I went to get Chris and told him I was ready to go. Charity helped us grab our stuff and we went home. I posted about band practice, then read e-mail and listened to Telegram videos. Jamie said she finished the house and put my stuff in the laundry room. Yea! At 7 I went to the chapel for band practice. Saronna and Sophia and Dylan came. We played patriotic songs from the end of the hymnal. Then I pulled out some band stuff, but it didn't go so well.

When I got home, I wrote up my blog post and jotted down my cleaning hours. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. Chris went to bed after that, but I stayed up to work on e-mail.

No comments: