Thursday, September 28, 2023

Yoga was not fun

Wednesday

I got up after 7:30, when sleep would not return. I prepared for coffee morning with coffee and exercises. I read outside for half an hour. I meditated and tapped. I started cleaning the bathrooms. I watered the outdoor plants and washed some gopher mounds down the holes.

Michelle came over to talk about visiting her new place of employment and the conversation she had with the manager. She talked as I cleaned the kitchen and washed dishes. Then I got dressed and we went to the gym to walk the track. She continued to talk about the job.

Then we split up and went home. I finished vacuuming and then took a shower. I read e-mail and watched a tapping video. Chris came home from work for a few minutes, then went to Mass.

I found some sewing-themed fabric and cut strips. I sewed them to the four sides of a piece of paper. Then I grabbed my yoga mat and blocks and went to the studio (in the post office). I pinned the sewing flyer to the paper with the fabric border and put it on the bulletin board.

I went inside the studio and used my 10-pass card to pay for myself and for Jenni. Since the class hadn't started yet, I asked the instructor what it would cost me to buy a class and invite anyone on base to come for free. She said she'd send me the info.

Then the class began. I thought we'd be moving more and there was still a lot of pose-holding. My back did not do well and I had to drop out for awhile. At the end, we laid down in corpse pose. I put my blocks under my thighs. She put essential oils on everyone's neck and shoulders. Later we sat up and the class was over. We rolled up our mats and put everything away.

I talked to Jenni in the hallway. After she left, I went into the swap shop to find a silky top to make into a new lining for Chris' jacket. There weren't any. I went home to find Chris was talking to Michele on the phone. They kept talking as I worked on my blog.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of Forever Knight. We both got really sleepy. He went to bed, but I stayed up and read e-mail to get the images of vampires out of my mind. Then I went to bed, right around 11.

No comments: