Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Playing swing tunes

Monday

I got up around 8. I unplugged the lawn mower battery. It was not hot. I got dressed, then sat down to compose an announcement for band this evening. It got me reading other things online. I tried mending while listening to an interview, but the light wasn't good enough in the den. Eventually I pushed myself away from the computer and watered the outdoor plants. Then I went in my sewing room to finish letting out two pairs of pants.

He came home for lunch as I was ironing the new seams flat. Then I laid them on his bed. I laid out on the back porch for awhile since warm sunny days are coming to an end. Then I made breakfast and read e-mail while I ate. He went back to work.

It was after 2 when I started working on the jacket. I paused it to go to the library to return the book on CD and get the next one in the series. Brittany was filling in and she had trouble with the computer, so she wrote down the number for Melissa to enter when she got back.

I went home and ripped out a strip from a ripped pair of pants to use for mending the jacket. I ironed all its edges under, then started sewing it down by hand. I paused to go meet Michelle at the gym. I tried to sign up for yoga at the desk, but this was their first sign-up and things did not go well. So Michelle and I walked the upper track for over 30 minutes, talking. Then we came down and tried again. This time they were able to take my money. But at $20 a class, I may not be taking many classes.

Michelle left and I went home. I ate a pig's foot and read e-mail. Chris came home from work. I went to the garden to pull up the rest of the corn. I picked from Mauvet's garden too and brought home two cobs and some green tomatoes.

Then it was time for band. I put music and a trombone in the car and went to the chapel. I got there as the Clarks pulled up. Randy brought his sax, but needed to go off by himself and re-learn the fingerings. That was ok, so I passed out the parts to “It Don't Mean a Thing” and Saronna and Kelli played with me. It was so good! Then we played Christmas songs from the hymnal. As it got dark, the lighting became inadequate. So we packed up early.

When I got home, I ate some papaya and worked on my blog. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Andromeda. Chris went to bed later and I stayed up looking for an under-shelf fridge drawer that Michelle sent me a pic of, but hers was sold through Amazon.

No comments: