Sunday, September 17, 2023

Cleaning and Sewing and Sauna

Saturday

I got up after hearing the 8am alarm. I got dressed, did some picking up and putting away. I watered the indoor plants. I wrapped up the braided bread to take it to the chapel since there is no room in our fridge. I took two tablecloths and went to the company house. I started the sheets in the washer, then used the table to wipe the tablecloths clean. After that, I went to the garden to fix the leak and reset the timer to once a day. I watered with the hose, then pulled up all the corn stalks that didn't have ears. Some had really small ears, like baby corn, but even those were touched by rot. Huh.

I went by the chapel and found out that I didn't bring the bread. Sigh. I went home to jot notes for my blog and to look up the problem with corn. I found a recipe to spray. I read hints for Myst III, as far as I have gotten. I went back to the company house to throw the towels in the wash. I dropped off the bread and cheese squares and seed crackers at the chapel..When I got back, I watered the outdoor plants. Then I asked Chris for a massage. Later, while he took his shower, I laid out in the sun. When he was done, I took my shower, then made and ate breakfast.

I got my stuff ready and Chris put the sewing machine in my car. We rode together to the chapel and he helped me get all the stuff out of the closet, then he walked home. I went back to the company house to throw the towels in the dryer. Then back to the chapel. Wilhelm came in and I asked him to plug up the machines. He was happy to do it.

I helped him work on his fusible pumpkin and others followed. He pushed the pedal while I guided the needle around the outside edge of the pumpkin. I had him guide the fabric for sewing the inner curves and he did well enough. The others completed their projects and I took their pics. Isadora decided to make hers quilted. Without asking how, she just did it and it was mostly ok.

She and Saronna helped me pack up. I went home to rehydrate and eat some papaya while listening to a podcast. Then I went to the company house to dress the bed and clean. Michelle went to the chapel after I left in order to dress the tables and decorate and drop off food for tomorrow. She found mice poop and started texted me and others about it. I said I could be there in half an hour to help, but they decided to meet at 8:30 tomorrow to move the tables to the back of the narthex. Sigh. I finished cleaning and called her thinking we can handle this on our own, but she wanted to get the chaplain and his asst to help, so ok.

I went home and called Jenni to meet me at the pool. Then I jotted notes for my blog. I changed into my suit and took the big clock. When I got there, I took the clock into the pool area and made sure the battery was all the way in. But once I got in the pool and swam around, I could tell the hands were not moving. Sigh.

Jenni was there and we did some aerobics together. I got out at 6:45 to turn on the sauna. We swam for another half hour, then went to the sauna. But it was only 100 degrees. So we sat and talked for 35 minutes, at which point it was 130, but neither of us was sweating. So we went home. I changed into dry clothes and ate a pickled pigs foot. I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched one episode of Andromeda, then listened to the rest of the book on CD, which wasn't too long. I put it with my purse to return on Monday.

We dressed the bed with clean sheets, then he went to bed while I stayed up to do something. It was after 11 when I came to bed.

No comments: