Saturday, October 7, 2023

A walk in the park

Friday

I did not sleep well last night. I had a restless foot and just general tension. We got up about 8:30. He ate his leftovers for breakfast. I made my usual breakfast, then had my leftovers too. I washed up and got dressed. We both got online to check the latest e-mail.

Finally he took a shower. I put on my shoes and turned on my phone. I got a text asking if I recognized a certain charge. I didn't, so I asked Chris, and he said no. So I texted 'no'. Then I was told to contact the fraud dept. So Chris called and was told to wait in line or sign up for a call-back – which is what he did.

Then we proceeded to Capitol Reef National Park. We drove through the park, looking at the magnificent vistas. Then we parked by a small stream and took a walk. I couldn't get over how blue the sky was. I found a stone that looks like a calcified brain. We went back to the Visitor's Center. We read some of the geologic info on the wall, then got the trail map. We perused it outside, then took a walk from the parking lot. We saw sparkly rocks along the way. Then we turned around and walked back.

We headed back to town (Torrey) and stopped at their visitor center. That's when our phone signal was reestablished and Chris was able to talk to the cc company. They said he had to verify who he was first, by either downloading the app, or visiting their bank with two forms of ID. Well, we don't do financial apps and there is no such bank here (or any bank). So they argued and he requested a supervisor who said the same thing. We asked to cancel the card, but they couldn't.

When we got back to the hotel, I called from my phone and had to sign up for a call-back. Chris looked at the charge and verified that it was his after all. Sigh. A nice gentleman called me back and had no trouble verifying my identity. We had a nice chat and I hung up.

I jotted notes for my blog. Chris called USAA to sign up for a card. I listened to interviews while piecing puzzles of Halloween cakes. Better than the ones on Pinterest. Then we went to the Mexican restaurant for dinner. It was really good. I got a Mexican salad and an octopus taco. When we got back, he put his leftover stuffed pepper in the fridge and we walked down the street (half mile or so) to find an ice cream shop. But it was closed. We wandered through the other stores there but didn't buy anything. Then we walked back, in the dark.

I finished listening to something from yesterday, then posted to my blog. Chris heated water so I could have tea. We watched The Adjustment Bureau, courtesy of Netflix. I thought it was good. Then we just stayed in bed and went to sleep.

No comments: