Saturday, October 21, 2023

New ink cartridge

Friday

We got up late, like after 9. I took my morning supplements, then parsed supplements for the next week. I watered the indoor plants. I got dressed and washed out a pair of footies for later.

I checked Facebook and started reading e-mail. I meant to water the outdoor plants but all too soon it was 11:45. So I put on my bathing suit and laid out in the sun until Chris got back from the office. Then I got dressed again and made breakfast.

When I finished eating, I added to the grocery list and filled a bottle with tea. We went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. We parked at Luckey's and Chris noticed that nothing on the list came from Luckey's. So we went to Melanie's. I bought some coconut milk and chickpea sauce. Then I walked to Joanns to return the angel food cake pan because the center part isn't straight. I also bought some heavier than normal paper for a future craft.

Chris tried to check in at Great Clips online, but couldn't so he called. They would not help him over the phone and told him to stop in. So we went over there. While he went to get a hair cut, I went to the dollar store to get some black reusable shopping bags for class tomorrow. But all they had were green. I bought one anyway. Then I went to Maceys' to get stuff on the grocery list. They didn't have the black bags either.

I went to Great Clips and Chris was sitting there with short hair. So we left and walked back to the car. He drove us home. I forgot to mention that we stopped at the bank for cash on our way into town.

When we got to the base, I didn't have my ID because I had left it in my car. So they gave me a visitor's pass. Weird. We went to the commissary for pistachios. We stopped at the swap shop to lock it, but it was already locked. Then we went home and unloaded the groceries. I got my ID out of my car and put it back where it belongs.

Still intending to water the outdoor plants, I got on my laptop to read one thing and it led to sewing videos, which apparently I couldn't resist. Next thing I knew, it was dark outside and Chris had finished cooking steaks and cauliflower.

While I was eating, the doorbell rang and Chris asked me if I was expecting anyone. I said no. It was Casey, come to help Chris solve a hard drive problem. I chatted a bit and went and ate some more. Then Chris called Mike who was able to fix the problem. While he did that, I asked Casey to put a new ink cartridge in my printer, which he did with no difficulty. We discussed climate change and Israel. The three of us discussed 'knife night'. Then Casey went home and I worked on my blog and put away the jicama that Chris cut up for me.

Finally ready for game night, I poured a bottle of tea. I grabbed the water container and headed to the Cleggs. While playing the game, we chatted. Then Michelle talked about the cake that had brought $150 last night. Apparently Isadora had helped someone make it so she knew all the things had had gone wrong in the preparation. “Frosting covers all the mistakes”, she said. It was funny because the colonel bought it and added a $50 tip when he paid.

I had to looks at hints on my phone to get to where I did. I still got stuck in the trees trying to free the bird. Anyway, it was after 11 when I quit. In saving the game, I inadvertently typed Fernb8. Then I realized that indeed, this game is Fern bait. Casey carried the water container to my car and I went home. Chris was in bed and I joined him (after the usual routine).

No comments: