Friday, October 27, 2023

Eyebrow training

Thursday

I got up before 8 because my phone rang. I had forgotten to shut it off last night. But it was a spam call. Grrr! I washed up and got dressed. I brushed, and then swished while trying to find a foot pedal for an old Viking 945 online. I found a few, but they were $80 or more. I didn't want to spend that much to go with a donated machine.

I cleared a spot on the dining room table and made tea. I cut down some boxes until the door bell rang. It was Ginger. She came over to show me how to use eyebrow pencils. She brought two, a charcoal one and a brown one. She also had a window panel that she needed cut in half and shortened. She gave me the pencils in return. She also had something for the swap shop so I offered to take it.

It was after 11, so I took some time to post to several community Facebook pages. Then I queued up The Highwire and listened while I made and ate breakfast. It ended around 2. I read some e-mail, then wrote a cleaning contract and went over to apt 209. My car was wet because it rained last night. The inspectors had just arrived. We were early, but the occupant showed up late. However, the signing went well. I put the money and a key in the envelop.

Then I headed to the Housing office to schedule an inspection for 106. Then I went to the library to see if I had left the sheet music there. Nope. But Keli did have a music book with Jingle Bell Rock in it and I made a copy of that.

When I got home, I called Micky to see if she wanted some tomatoes. She said yes, in about an hour. Well, she talked to me on the phone for about that long. All the while I was hunting up pieces of PVC and corners for a cold frame. I had to wrap the ends in masking tape to fit the corners. Then I took the tomatoes over to her house.

When I got home, I looked high and low for a plastic big enough to fit over the cold frame. I decided to use the bag that the 25lbs of cashews came in. But first I had to empty the cashews into a ziplock bag. Then I cut the large bag open and draped it over the frame, and used the clamps from the embroidery frame to hold it on. I taped the legs down and put some extra plastic where the other didn't quite reach.

Chris came home from work and cooked onions and squash. I put the cold frame outside, covering the root veggies. Then I read e-mail until the squash and onions were finished. Sooo good! Especially with a little cheese.

I worked on my blog, then made tea. We watched two episodes of Psych. He went to bed and I stayed up to listen to a tapping video.

No comments: