Monday, October 30, 2023

Pot Luck

Sunday

I woke up thinking I heard my 8am alarm. It was pitch black. It made me very sad. But after a bit, I got up to see the clock in the kitchen and it was only 7:21. I went back to bed until 8. Then I got up and made cheese squares. While they were baking, I cut one of Chris' old shirts into a kind of robe. After the cheese came out of the oven, I sprinkled it with paprika and sat at my laptop. I finalized some orders for Joann and for replacement music.

I made and ate breakfast, then got dressed for church. I took out a pickled egg to taste before taking them to church for the pot luck. But it was bad. Chris took the jar and threw them all out. Instead, I took out a jar of pickled zucchini. I tasted one and it was fine. I also packed up the cheese squares. I placed the food in my car, then got the trombone and went to the chapel.

I carried the food into the fellowship hall. I noticed the nursery smelled like a dirty diaper. I unpacked my trombone in the front of the chapel. I set up a hymnal on a stand and placed the sticky note on it. Then I sat in the front row for the service.

The chaplain started the service and we sang songs. Then he turned it over to the Calvary pastor, who gave a sermon on end times and Israel's role. We played two hymns. Then the chaplain announced a QR code for giving money to the chapel. He also directed people to the fellowship hall for the potluck.

Jenni brought in more chairs and people set up their food and got in line. I got in near the end, chatting with Saronna and Jenni. I sat to eat with Michelle, Pastor Chris, Jenni and little Jedidiah. There was a lot of fellowshipping going on and it was nice to see so many people here. Later we all cleaned up. Saronna and I searched for the source of the smell but couldn't find it. Then the chaplain and I locked up and headed out. When I got home, Chris was gaming with the voices. I got on my laptop for while, then changed my clothes. My dress was too tight, even though I had cut it out on the bias so it would stretch. And it did, getting shorter.

At 4:45 I heated steak in the toaster oven. I got on Discord with the other family members. We played the game: We went to a small town to get their stories of the monster attacks. They were uncooperative until we paid them for their time. Then they answered our questions and took us to an island which used to be their graveyard. We found a manticore nest, a dead dwarf, a campsite, an overturned boat with a face in it, surgeon's tools, and some magical items. We were attacked by the pregnant manticore and managed to beat it off. Then we called the boats back to take us back to the little town.

After the game, I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. Chris went to bed, but stayed awake reading. I listened to some tapping audios and went to bed after 11, turning the light off. He fell asleep before I did.

No comments: