Friday, October 6, 2023

Winterizing the garden

Wednesday

I got up about 8. I got coffee morning started. I did the exercise routine. I read for half an hour. I tapped and meditated. I started cleaning the bathrooms, but there was some sun finally, so I laid out for a little bit, until the sun went behind the clouds and it was too cool.

Chris did not come home for lunch. I put my phones away and went to the garden. I pulled up weeds in the walkways and dug up potatoes. I uprooted the irrigation system since most lines have holes. I turned off the water and dismantled the timer and attachments. I put the hose and stuff in my car. I threw out half of the water lines. I clipped a weed tree that grew in the fence line and cut some mint. I picked a few things left in Mauvet's garden.

It was after 2 when I went home. I texted with Tonja and took a shower. Michelle was ready to walk so I threw on some clothes and we walked at the gym. She told me about her new job. Then we went to the workout room. We did upper body stuff, then talked to the new head of the gym. Then we finished up in the leg room.

I stopped at the post office on the way home. As I was throwing my junk mail away, I saw that someone had thrown a Joanns flyer in the trash. So I picked it up. I did not know the name on the front, but wondered if she'd like to sew.

I went home and gave a coconut a hard time. I drank the juice and ate the meat. Chris came home from work. We talked a little, then I remembered Keli and the music. So I went to the library and she wasn't there. But I talked to Melissa for almost an hour, then came home.

We talked about the schedule for this weekend and how to pack. I worked on my blog. Michelle came over to see the frost cover for the tower garden. She stayed to talk about her job and Capitol Reef – which is where we are going for our anniversary.

I whipped up a batch of seed crackers and put them in the oven. We watched four episodes of Dick Van Dyke. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to listen to some sleep music, then went to bed.

No comments: