Saturday, October 14, 2023

Digging in my yard is a hanging offense

Friday

We got up after 8. I got ready for the day. I drank hydrogen water and took supplements. I read from the document, then did parts of the tapping video. Chris suddenly swore and ran to the office.

Michelle called. She said she could get me the pork rind powder I needed for the cake. I read e-mail. I looked through my open tabs to figure out what we should get at the grocery store for the cakes and frostings. I am going to make two, so I can turn in the better one. I wanted to lay out in the sun, but at 60, it was a little chilly for that.

I made and ate breakfast. I watered the outdoor plants and some gopher holes. Suddenly, there was a gopher running away. I followed it with the hose and trapped it against the wall of the house. I grabbed a rock and did it in, then laid the body on the rain gutter pad. Chris came back from the office.

I packed the cooler and we went to Tooele. We shopped at Luckey's and they had black frosting but I didn't like the list of ingredients. Then I walked to Melanie's and bought some coconut milk and vanilla paste. It is black and might color frosting without making it taste bad. Then I went to Joann and got an angel food cake pan and some paint brushes.

Finally we went to Macey's and got a few more groceries, then went back to base. We stopped at the commissary to get pomegranates and stew beef. After we put the food away, Chris cooked the stew beef. I watered the tower garden, then went to the community gardens. I picked mint from mine and tiny tomatoes from Saronna's second plot. I got a zucchini and green tomatoes from Mauvet's plot.

When I got home, I got some twine and hung up the gopher from the plant pole as a Halloween decoration. I washed my hands and put some stew beef in a bowl of soup along with garlic powder and ate it. I read articles, then worked on my blog.

I took a bag of greens and the water container and a bottle of tea to Michelle's house for game night. Casey had built a computer just to run it. It was naked. Michelle and I talked for some time. Her mother came out to sit with us for a bit. I played the game but wasn't getting anywhere, so I went back to another 'save' and started from there. I had to leave that world and go back to a previous one after realizing that I hadn't finished it properly. I got to go up in a floating tower thingy, solve a puzzle, then go on a wild rollercoaster ride to the very end. It was a good time to call it a night. CAsey carried the water container out and I bid them all goodbye.

When I got home, Chris was already in bed. I did my usual yoga routine and hit the hay.

No comments: