Sunday, October 8, 2023

More good food

Saturday

We slept so good that we stayed in bed until 9. I took supplements and read e-mail. He had leftovers for breakfast and I made my own. He gave me a massage without any oil because he didn't think it was ok to get the hotel sheets oily. Sigh. Then he took his shower and I took mine.

We got ready and went to a trail called Chimney Rock, marked as Strenuous on the map. We parked at the bottom. I took a bottle of water and we walked up the trail. Chris spoke to every one we passed. Or rather, who passed us. I had a really hard time with the uphill climb. I was still sore from before. After that, the going seemed much easier. Very few of the hikers were from Utah. Most were hitting multiple national parks within a few days.

When we got back down, he used the restroom while I imbibed more water stored in the car. Then we headed back. We stopped at a creamery and got ice cream. They had lots of good flavors. We tried pumpkin, coffee, lemon, and peach. We conversed with another couple enjoying the 5 scoop tray. Then we ran past the Saturday Farmer's Market. So we stopped and walked around. My big toes were hurting from the nails hitting the front of my shoes. We bought salsa and fresh peppers, and such.

We went back to the hotel to drop off the purchases. Chris struck up a conversation with the people in the room next to us. They had just come from an apple-tasting at the cider place. So we went there next. Turns out the tasting had ended 20 minutes ago, so we looked around the store. Then a lady came in with all the apple leftovers on one plate. We got to taste them and I liked the Bramley Seedling the best. Then we signed up for the cider tasting. That cost $10 each. The lady took us to a back room and told us the backstory on the name Eta Place and the multi-crop orchard. She started pouring the ciders. After the first two, another couple came in for the tasting and they ended up sitting with us. Together, we chatted as we tasted other ciders and several meades. I got very lightheaded. Chris purchased a bottle of plum cider.

The clerk recommended Curry Pizza, 8 miles down the street. We were going to try the burger place tonight, but it should be open tomorrow whereas Curry Pizza will not be. So we went there for supper. It was mostly Indian food, some on pizzas, plus wings and such. So we got a Bhinda pizza and Tikka Masala. To drink, we got strawberry lassi. We ate some of it there and brought the rest back to the motel room for tomorrow.

We read e-mail for awhile, then I made tea. Chris trimmed the nails on my big toes. He pulled up a movie called Megamind on the TV and we laid in bed and watched it. Afterward, we snuggled down and went to sleep. Or at least he did. I couldn't reach a comfortable temperature between too hot and too cold.

No comments: