Friday, October 6, 2023

Travel to Torrey

Thursday

We got up 8. I deleted some e-mail, then started packing. I included things I thought of last night. I considered not packing my extensive breakfast and just eating whatever the hotel might provide. Then I read my blog from two years ago when we went to Bryce Canyon. I had the same idea and got RLS every night. So I made myself breakfast and put each thing I used into a box or container of some kind to take along. It also reminded me of William's anniversary.

Chris had to go to the office and to top off the car, which made it easier for me to concentrate on packing all the various items I use or might use in a day. I ate my breakfast and filled water bottles.

By noon he was home and we headed out. We stopped at the post office, then the gas station before leaving the front gate. Chris put on the book on CD and we listened for four hours while traveling to our motel in Torrey Utah.

There was no one office to check in. Chris had to call the hotel number, which was answered somewhere else. The lady gave him a code to get in room 8. He punched it in and opened the door. He moved the car to that space, and we unpacked the car into the room. It was small, with two queen beds and a tiny bathroom. No carpet, a TV, tiny fridge, and a small table with two chairs. We set up our laptops on the table. But it was too high for me. I tried putting a book on the chair, but it wasn't enough. So I moved the laptop to the top of the heater.

Chris looked up a local restaurant. We read their menu and made our choices. Then he called for a reservation and they gave us 6:15. So I watched The Highwire for over an hour. Then we got ready and drove the restaurant. It was of western decoration, but the food was organic and expensive. We had a cheese sampler board, then he got pork chops and I got the rainbow plate (fruit and veggies). It was a nice dinner. Chris got the three samples of hard cider. I tried a sip of each. They were ok.

After eating, we put our leftovers in small boxes. Then we drove down the street past the motel to see what else was in the area. We did not see a lot due to it being dark. So we went back to the hotel and put the leftovers in the fridge.

Then we laid on the bed and Chris called up a movie on Netflix called Monument Men. Based on a true story, 6 men were assigned to find the art that Hitler was gathering during the war and to return it to the rightful owners. Very interesting.

Then I finished watching The Highwire and worked on my blog. Chris laid in bed reading until I shut down my computer. I did my usual pre-bed exercises, but it was painful because my muscles were sore from Wednesday and because there is no carpet on the floor. I covered the gadget lights in the room to make it dark, but for the light coming in from around the window, there was nothing I could do. Then I laid down and hoped for sleep.

No comments: