Saturday, October 28, 2023

While the cat is at the dentist, the mouse will shop

Friday

Chris woke me up around 8. I washed up and got dressed. I wiped grease out of dishes in the sink. I rinsed the sprouts. I took out the compost and cut up the squash and peppers that Chris had put beside it. That went out, too. I added to the grocery list.

When Chris was finished with his shower, we headed to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. Michelle texted wanting to go walking at the gym. But I told her we had an early morning in Tooele for a dental appt.

We parked at the dentist's office. Chris gave me the list and his key and went in. I walked down to Cal Ranch to see if they sold black briefs, but they don't. Then I went to Joann for magnetic clasps. She told me to go to the big Joann in SLC. I stayed to look at fabric on sale and picked up some for future class projects.

Then I went to Melanie's. I talked with them and picked up some chia and flax seeds. Then I walked back to the dentist's office. Chris was just checking out. We went to Luckey's and got a few things, then to Macey's for a few more. Then we went back to base.

We stopped at the commissary for meat, and then at the post office to lock up the swap shop. At home, we brought in our purchases. I made and ate breakfast and jotted some notes for my blog.

I read e-mail until 2:30, then met Michelle at the gym. But I made the mistake of asking the gym manager about how many times a week I can use the Kaatsu device. We talked for an hour. Then Michelle and I went upstairs to walk the track. I don't know how long we walked. I thought she talked my ear off, but after she left, the gym manager started talking again and I wasn't able to leave until after 6. Sigh.

Chris was cooking so I read e-mail. When he was done, he fixed me a plate of steak, mushrooms, and rice. It was very good. I also ate some squash for last night and several small pears from the local tree. Then I worked on my blog in anticipation of game night.

I took my water container (whose cap I lost somehow) and a bag of cauliflower greens, and a bottle of tea and went to Michelle's house. Casey was at work, but she called up the game for me. We talked as I played. I got myself in trouble at the end, unable to get back to where I started. So I exited and re-loaded the last save point. That would have been fine, but I could not remember where to focus the flower so the leaf would open. Finally, after 11, I gave up. We said our goodbyes and I went home.

Chris was in bed, so I turned everything off and joined him.

No comments: