Sunday, October 1, 2023

Sauna with friends

Saturday

I got up after 8. I brushed and swished. Chris and I got into a discussion. Then I went to the company house to get the laundry started. I came back, and read e-mail. Chris gave ma a massage and we had another discussion and he took a shower, then I took a shower.

I went to the company house to throw stuff in the dryer. I noticed water under the fridge. So when I got home, I told Chris and he told me to call it in. I tried but the call dropped. So I called in again. A different lady answered and the repair note was put in. I started making breakfast. The repair guy called and said he could be there in 5 minutes. So I went over there to meet him.

I cleaned while he checked the fridge. He said it was due to dusty coils and he vacuumed them out. I cleaned in the back bathroom and discovered the tub was covered in small particles that might have been slightly blue. I think the water drained too slowly. So I asked him to look at the drains. He did. He was able to fix the back one, but said the hall tub needed repairs and to call back in on Monday.

After he left, I kept cleaning until I had been there an hour. Then I went home and finished making breakfast. I also started bread dough for the buns Chris wanted me to make. I read e-mail as I ate and jotted notes for my blog.

I listened to a podcast that made me sleepy. I laid down for awhile. Then I got up and went back to the company house for 45 minutes to finish the floors. I went home and changed into my suit and went to the pool.

The lifeguard said there was nothing special scheduled for tomorrow – the last pool day. I swam alone and then some teenage boys jumped in. I got out at 7:30 and went in the sauna. I called Michelle and Jenni to join me. We talked about a bunch of stuff, then I mentioned that we should do something for the lifeguard.

At 8:45, I noticed the time and we got out and dried off. We headed out the front door. Michelle stayed to talk to Dispatch (which she called when we heard a ruckus in the men's room). But Jenni and I went home.

Chris had cooked burgers and I ate one with the home made rolls. He also made roasted brussel sprouts. We dressed the bed. I heated tea and work on my blog. I thought we were going to watch TV, but since it was 9:30, Chris just went to bed. I wrote lyrics for a goodbye song for the lifeguards.

My stomach wasn't happy and wouldn't let me sleep so I stayed up pretty late watching segments of Johnny Carson. It was after midnight when I decided to hit the hay anyway.

No comments: