Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Printing music for band

Tuesday

I got up after 8. It was another cool day. I brushed and swished. I took MB, and read e-mail. I worked on getting music images moved to a thumb drive. Then I opened a pdf and tried to make a box with text in it. Sounds easy, right? No cooperation.

Maintenance called to fix the drain at the company house. So I got dressed and went over to meet him. He took the drain apart, snaked it, put product in it, got a better snake and snaked it again. He was very talkative. Over an hour later, he left and I cleaned up after him.

I went home. I worked on the boxes again. I settled for less, and moved the file to the thumb drive for printing. I printed the boxes and the music images, but neither did well. Only the first sheet of music was readable, and even that was debatable.

I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch, then went back to work. I went to the library to print out the music and text boxes. They set me up with a computer and I sent the images to the printer. That one did much better. Keli offered to bring me more Christmas music tomorrow. On the way home, I stopped at the Commissary to give Jenni the key to the chapel so she could do the sewing class for me this weekend.

I went home and looked up programs for musical notation (since I have trouble reading hand-written music). I downloaded a free one, but started doing other things while waiting for it to download and install. CJ stopped by with two dozen eggs. I emptied and washed out a bin of fermented vegetables. It didn't smell bad, but after several years, I was afraid to eat it.

I made supper and parsed out supplements for the week. Chris came home from work. He got a call from Michele who wants us to pay off her mortgage and then she would pay us her usual monthly payment. She thought we would give her 0% interest. Ha, ha. Chris might have.

I worked on my blog. I texted with Jenni and made tea. We watched 4 episodes of Dick Van Dyke. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up later.

No comments: