Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Big meeting


In addition to working on my e-mail, I vaccuumed the couch and its cushions before putting the covers back on. They are definitely cleaner. Then I walked on to post and up to the Chosun. They were having a 42 birthday celebration. I looked around but didn't find anything to buy. Then I noticed that BethAnne was testing out a Tibetan singing bowl. It had a very nice sound, made by rubbing a special stick around the outside. Kinda like we did as kids, rubbing a wet finger around the rim of a water glass. There were only 3 left and by the time she selected one, the other two were gone. I think they cost $35 each.
There was a cake cutting ceremony and tables of food. But by then it was time for the longarm meeting. There were 5 from the quilt group, Col. Hall, 2 staff members and two manager types. I gave the proposal that popped into my head the other night. Interestingly, every point was accepted, amid much discussion. I had to pinch myself later. I certainly hope that I didn't get my way at someone else's expense. Then Cathy drove me to the South Post chapel. I explained to the woman there that I wanted to help her but I couldn't spend several hours of a quilt day just teaching her to sew. She totally understood. Then, not sure how it happened, but we got to talking and she said I needed to start a band, so she introduced me to Chaplain Creery who plays trumpet. He wants to play for church services and such. She also thinks I should play my trombone on the Banpo bridge because of the acoustics. No promises there. I talked to several other people that I knew who happened to be there, too. Then I walked over to Chris' office to see Monica's rotary paper cutter. She said it cuts fabric, too. Hmmm. But I had a nice time talking to her and, apparently the feeling was mutual because she asked me to come back and talk to her sometime. Perhaps we should meet at the slot machines. She has stories of being incredibly lucky there.
Chris drove us home then. We had leftovers. Michele was not home so we had some time to ourselves. Need I say more? After she came home, we watched a movie and retired to our computers. I never did get my fabric ironed. Perhaps tomorrow.
Here is a picture of the fan dancers from yesterday. That video clip wouldn't load. But another one did, so go back and see it.

No comments: