Monday, September 21, 2009

Quilt day


It poured rain this morning, making it a cool day. SO, for the first time in months, I wore pants (instead of shorts). I carried an unbound quilt (the one we did on Friday) and some batting and other sewing stuff to post. Pam picked me up as usual. I left the quilt in her car when we entered the chapel for our quilting bee. She is in charge of binding the quilts. Some members had already arrived and were setting up. Cathy and I took care of some paperwork (like signing up for the room - again - and signing it out for Thursday nights for classes, PTL) I found myself going in a hundred directions answering questions, starting with "What are we working on today?". Imagine trying to keep up to 15 people busy all at the same time! But we did well. We had 6 sewing machines, all being used, plus all the rotary cutters and mats (of which we have far more I used to think we needed), both irons, and several people tying the baby quilts. I had to bring the unbound quilt in because there was some interest in learning how to bind. Cathy told us about an opportunity to take a feild trip to learn about KOrean textiles. After 12 we broke for lunch. It was not all healthy, but it was all good. We did more work after lunch. People left one by one. We started packing up at 1:45 and were out by 2:15. One lady who had never sewn before finished a quilt. See pic. I had a lot to carry home and it was raining, so Pam drove me to my apartment. Thanks, Pam. I checked my e-mail, and started a baby quilt from leftover squares. Chris came home and heated up leftovers. I hadn't quite finished but it smelled so good. Then it was back to the computer. I might finish the quilt top tomorrow.

No comments: