Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A day at home


I got up and started working on a vest for Michele, in the fabrics she asked for. It called for fusible interfacing but I don't have any so I picked out two more fabrics to make it reversible. I got the pieces cut out and basted together for a fitting just as she walked out the door. I had to go after her to get her to try it on. I spent until midafternoon marking and sewing the darts (they aren't straight lines like all the others I have done) then sewing, and turning and pinning. Then I worked on the QOV, getting it all into one piece. It still needs a border. Then Chris came home and we got the miles from my flight to the U.S. registered with Delta's miles program. Michele came home and we had supper. Chris and I tried out 4 different chocolates. They all tasted like sweet chocolate candy. The seaweed chocolate didn't have much seaweed taste. The cactus chocolate looked and tasted like raspberry. The green tea one tasted just fine and the red pepper chocolate was interesting in that the red pepper taste just sort of appeared on the back of my tongue. It did not seem to be related to the piece of candy.
Michele indicated that she would like to wear the vest tomorrow, so I finished it after she went to bed. Maybe in the morning I can get a pic of her in it.
Another pic of the calligraphy exhibit.

No comments: