Saturday, September 5, 2009

More rug research


This morning when I SKYPEd Chris, his parents were there visiting. He had gotten out of class early since it was the last day. Too bad he couldn't get an early flight out. I am so excited that he is finally coming home. After that, I spent some time looking at e-mail. Then I decided to go on post and check out the case lot sale and Farmer's Market events being held at the commissary. Turns out that alot of the stuff (clothing and electronics) was from the PX. The case lots were from the commissary. The Farmer's Market was Korean produce. It was all outside with a few games for children. I think it was a way to sell American stuff to Koreans that can't get into the commissary and Px. I didn't buy anything. But I walked to the thrift shop. They were having a $2 sale on clothes outside. I didn't see anything my size. They had some stuff I think Michele would have liked, so I called her, but she wasn't interested. I bought some patterns at half prive there and 6 videocassettes. Then I walked to the Embassy Club because they were having a rug sale. I looked at silk rugs and wool rugs. Beautiful, but I didn't fall in love with any of them. Then I walked to the Chosun to look at one of their rugs again. It was soft, but I didn't really care for the design. I guess I don't much like oriental design rugs. So I walked home, toting my purchases. I did e-mail for awhile, then took a sewing break to work on a QOV. When I needed a break from that, I went back to the computer. Finally I took some time to sort through all the fabrics I got yesterday. And the threads, too. Some seemed to tear too easily, but I put one on my machine and it did fine. As I went through the fabrics, I assigned each a value, and added them up. I think I should pay her more, especially since the money goes to a Korean children's charity. Also we did a little laundry, washing all the fabric I bought in Dongdaemun. Michele chose one that she thought would make a good vest for her. It has dragonflies.

No comments: