Friday, September 18, 2009

A meeting of the volunteers


I meant to get up early this morning to make Chris' sandwich but it just didn't happen because I went to bed so late. After he left, I got up and worked on e-mail. Then at 9:30 I set out for the thrift shop. I thought the meeting was to start at 10am. For the past two days there were armed guards at the gate asking to look in my bag. Today I had a speech all prepared for them about how I left my guns and knives at home, was all out of napalm and c4, and didn't even have a bag of flour )which can level a building if you know how to light it). But today was business as usual, no armed guards to give the speech to. (Chris is glad I didn't say any of those things). Ok, so I walked to the thrift shop. When I entered, they were having a board meeting, so I had to be quiet and invisible for awhile. No problem, there were plenty of Dvd's, CD's, and computer software to be sorted and handled. As I was working on that, other volunteers showed up. Finally the board meeting was over and we congregated in the large room to listen to our manager. She explained new procedures and clarified some policies. Then we voted for a new manager, and had lunch. I didn't realize we were to bring food so I hadn't. Anyway, I finished the stack of disks I was working on, then walked back to my gate. Just then my phone rang. It was Cathy asking me if I wanted to meet her at the Arts and Crafts Center to quilt, or to go to dongdaemun. Well, then my phone died. So I walked back to the Arts and Crafts Center (which is near the thrift shop), and waited. Soon Cathy showed up. We quilted a QOV in dragonflies. It was so busy you don't notice the quilting pattern. I also showed one of the staff how to make a bag like mine. Then we went to Cathy's house. She showed me some things she is working on, then gave me a ride to my gate. I walked home, and had some raw cacao and goji berries for supper. (I am not getting the rush I used to get. It may be that there is a mold that grows on the cacao if it is not refridgerated which produces feelings of euphoria. If so, I need to remove my cacao from the fridge immediately). Chris came home a little later. He wasn't hungry so we got on our computers. Around 10 Michele came home from a day of college and going out with friends.

No comments: