Sunday, September 6, 2009

Homecoming

I slept a little late, but was ready in time for church. Rick picked me up outside the apt complex. My umbrella, which I had left last week, was in the office. Thank you, Rick. Church was church. Then we had snacks. I met a woman who had been a nun for 10 years. Then Rick and Nancy drove me home. I checked e-mail, but spent most of my afternoon working on a quilt of valor. Michele walked on post for a Vida Nueva meeting. then she went to a friend's house. Chris called me from the airport to ask me to meet him at the DHL where the bus comes. He took the 6pm bus which gets in at 7. So at 6:35 I set out for post. The nearest gate is closed on weekends, so I had to walk way out of my way to get to the car. But then I could get to the DHL quickly. I barely got there before the bus did. Chris drove us home to the apt. He was tired so he unpacked, made the bed (Michele washed the sheets) took a shower and went to bed. I stayed with him for awhile, but didn't want to fall asleep and wake up in the middle of the night. So I got back up, had some supper, and did email. At 10 Michele wasn't home yet, so I called her to tell her it was safe to come home. (as in, Chris and I are finished renewing our aquaintance).
Chris did notice (finally) that I have lost weight. And I have noticed that my skin is younger looking. Ella mentioned yesterday that she noticed, too. I attribute that to the raw cacao.

No comments: