Friday, September 4, 2009

A day for beads, chocolate and fabric


I slept a little late this morning, so our daily SKYPE chat was late, also. After reading some e-mail (I never seem to finish it), I used the vacuum all over the apartment. Note: Dust bunnies WERE harmed. Then back to the e-mail. I tried to get some sewing done, but kept getting distracted by all the cool stuff in my sewing room. I taped up a few more of those inspirational pics of slender women cut from magazines. A little after 12, I drove Michele to the DHL to have lunch with those of her friends that haven't graduated yet. I went to Chris' office to pick up the mail. There was a large box for me comtaining the raw chocolate and goji berries that I ordered. I put them in the trunk hoping they wouldn't get too hot. I had just enough time to drive to Gate 19 to meet Nancy, who wanted me to take her and her friend to Dongdaemun. But for some reason her friend was at Gate 17, so we drove over there. From there we all went to Dongdaemun. I helped her friend find material to cover her bedroom windows, and a crochet hook.
Then they went with me to look at beads. I got some of those. Finally we took our purchases home. I drove Nancy to her car, then I went home. My box of chocolate was fine. I had some right away and tasted the goji berries. Better than raw chocolate. Michele had already left for college. Around 5 Hyon came over with her driver to pick me up. Someone donated some fabric to her for raising money to help disadvantaged Korean children. I went through the fabric and pulled out two bags. A third bag held partial spools of thread. I gave her some money and her driver drove me home. I gave him a wallhanging to bring back as a donation to the cause. Then Michele called me to say she was going to a party on campus and would be late coming home. She was home by 10 and fell asleep on the futon watching me on the computer.
These pics are from dongdaemun: a Hanbok fabric booth and a bead booth.

No comments: