Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Silk rug research


I started my morning by talking to Chris via SKYPE. I had slept a little late so I had to hurry to get dressed and ready to be at the ARts-n-Crafts Center by 9. Actually I was a little early to get a head start on finishing the quilt Cathy and I started on Monday. But I needn't have hurried. The door was open and there was no one there. So I went in and started up the computer, and readied the longarm for its last pass. Cathy came in then and took over. We got it done in record time. Still no one there. I went to the thrift shop then, to help out and pass a little time until the Chosun gift shop opened. There was so much to do that I stayed until 1:30. Then the place was so busy that there was no room for me to work, so I walked over to the Chosun to look for silk. But they hadn't got any in. I also looked at rugs. But theirs are wool, not silk. I talked to a few people, and gained some knowlege about rugs. I showed the pics of the rugs I was interested in, and one lady told me the prices I had been quoted were very good.
At over $1000 each I need to talk to Chris before I buy one. Then I went to my car, but couldn't drive away because the key would not turn. I thought there might be some trick to it, like the seat belt must be fastened, or something. But nothing worked. I had to open the door a few times to let some breeze in because it was stifling! Finally I tapped on the issue, and then it worked. Go figure. I drove back to the gate and walked home. I intended to clean the apt but got on the computer and forgot all about that. I also collected the items I want to take to the expo tomorrow. I hope I have remembed them all. But I plan to go two hours early so I have time to think of more stuff and run home to get it. Michele came home from college and wondered what was for supper. So we made fish sticks. Not exactly health food, eh? Later in the evening she asked me for her passport so she can have her student ID made. But I have no idea where it is. I looked in all the suspected places. She also discovered that she did not get the schedule that she signed up for. She will have to find a way to resolve that on campus, I imagine.
Oh, I forgot to mention yesterday that the shiny paper that caught my attention was left behind on a table and I was able to pick it up. YEA!

No comments: