Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lunch and lots of fabric

Today is the AFSC luncheon for September. I met Pam at the gate at 9. We drove to the DHL. It was a good thing we were early because parking has been limited, and it filled up quickly. Before the luncheon started, the vendors set up tables. We were there for the fabric man of course. I got 21 2-yard packets and he gave me three more for free. Then I ran to the bank to get money. After my purchase, I carried the load to Pam's trunk. On the way back I decided to pop into the South Post Chapel (SPC) to drop off the keys in the main office (which was closed inexplicably yesterday). There was no one there today either. So I walked down the hall to find a personal office open. The lady there agreed to hang the keys up for me. Then she remarked on my handbag. When I told her I made it, she wanted to learn how. So she agreed to come to our next quilting meeting. Then I had to leave to make the luncheon on time. I didn't have time to explain that I won't have time at a meeting to spend several hours with her teaching her to sew. Back at the DHL, I found my seat. I helped MaryAnn pass out birthday treats to those who had birthdays during the summer. Then we got in line to fill our plates. It was a Korean buffet today. After we ate, we had Korean singers, dancers and musicians to entertain us. I will try to load that video, but no promises that Blogger will accept it. After the luncheon, Pam drove me to my gate. I carried my huge load of fabric back to the apt. I clipped all the corners and put over half in the wash. The rest was not enough for a complete load, so I decided to add the couch cushion covers. AFter removing them from the cushions, I realized that they needed to be serged or they'd fray apart. It happened to a friend of mine. AFter serging, I added them to the wash and they did fine. I still need to iron all of that and put the covers back on the cushions. Chris went to bed early. I stayed up to listen to some music on Youtube and finish my e-mail.

No comments: