Sunday, September 20, 2009

Korean birthday party


Today we went to church. The old testament reading was from Proverbs, talking about what a blessing a good wife is. I wanted to hear a sermon based on that (so I could poke my husband and say 'See?', but instead it was on the new testament reading about the diciples arguing. After the service, a Korean couple gave a party for their one year old. It involved providing a buffet and gifts for the guests. The gifts were little towels embroidered with the baby's name. Then the child was put on a table with 5 things in front of him to see what he would choose to do with his future: money, pencils, string, a computer mouse, and a microphone. He didn't want any of them. The parents were pushing the money, but he threw it down. Finally he picked up a pencil. So he will be a scholar.
We had some good food, then came home without going to the commissary.
I made a large quilted potholder for a friend who is leaving Korea. At 3:15 Chris drove me to the Starbucks on post, stopping to pick up MaryAnn. She and I were meeting Nancy to say goodbye. Nancy is moving to the states. We talked for hours, until after dark. After Nancy left, MaryAnn and I went to the DHL for supper. We both got a salad, but different ones. We talked over supper, then out in the lobby, then out in front looking for a taxi. It was 10:30 before we said goodbye. She is going to the states too, but is coming back. I walked towards home, calling Chris on the way. He met me halfway with the car. Now all I have to do is finish my blog and go to bed.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

That baby on the table is adorable!

Fern said...

He is, isn't he? His name is Issac, believe it or not.