Monday, September 7, 2009

Quilting and Sewing


I slept late this morning, being awakened in the middle of the night. Chris was already up for hours. Since it is Labor Day, our quilt meeting place is closed, so I had the day to myself, as did Chris. All three of us were on e-mail for awhile, then Michele left to catch a bus for college. I worked on entering the e-mail addresses of all the people who signed up to join the quilt group. Four pages! A few were misspelled (well, you can't read them all), and got sent back when I sent out a 'Welcome' letter. Three of the four I corrected what I think is the problem. The fourth is exactly as written on the paper. So who knows?
Then Cathy J called me to come help her practice at the AnC Center. So that's how I spent the afternoon. We showed our practice piece to the Korean staff and they liked it. They are still practicing too. I mentioned how brave they are to quilt tops for other people. They said their manager told them to, they don't have a choice. Yikes.
When I got home, Chris had supper on the stove. It smelled so good! I have missed his cooking. Then we all went back to e-mail, except Michele who did homework and had to borrow my computer to print out some pages. Oh, and we watched "10,000 BC", a Netflix movie that we have had for weeks now that Chris wanted to see. It was pretty good.
Then I did some more work on the QOV. Here is a sample of the blocks I am putting together for it.

No comments: